Friday, August 16, 2013

To The Women in my Life.



Listen up now, or don't. This isn't the first time I'm saying it, it most certainly isn't the last.

Thank You.
For your eloquence, and elegance, and energy.
For your grace and for your mistakes.
For your concern for me and all those around you.
Yes, you're a worrier. A mess and yes sometimes you're broken.
But you're more than meets the eye, you hypnotize me with your potent charm.
And words! Oh your words!
If only I could string a set of sounds together, in any weather, to make them sound the way you do.
I'm in love with you. I really am.

And even though you're mad at me, not all the time, well sometimes...
But still.
You're amazing.
Every single cell that you posses, it does impress my tired mind.
And I confide in you.
I rely on you.
When days are dark, I'm terrified.
When Everything is black and white.
You bring me back to grey.
Comfortable. Satisfied.
And I have tried, a hundred times,
To tell you just how much you mean.
How beautiful you are.
How beautiful you always will be.

Do not heed the paper, please.
Do not heed the ads.
The model in the Zara Store does not look as good as you.
She isn't half as good as you,
At Doodling.
Or Painting.
Or Singing.
Or telling me that I'm alright.
And I will fight until I'm gone to tell you in as many ways,
That days will come and people pass, but I will stay.
Yes I will stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment